Saturday 13 July 2013

Rainy day

Its a rainy day outside and Im longing to get some gardening done, I could go out and do some in the rain but I chose to go and have coffee with my niece today who I havnt seen in quite a while.
It was a lovely catch up as she has moved back to Ballarat from Melbourne with her family.
 My Father bought these berries for me on Friday, not something that I would ever buy but Dad likes to pick up bits and pieces for the kids as treats, I usually have my own home grown berries but I used the last of them a couple of weeks ago to make some jam.
I must say these were delicious I made berry and banana and white chocolate muffins
1 1/2 cup sr flour
1/4 teas bi carb
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 banana mashed
1/2 cup white choc bits
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup milk
1 pkt these berries
delicious


 I was a bit excited today as the girls have been off the lay for a while and slowly I have been getting one egg a day, I did put a fake egg in the nest to encourage them, today I finally got 4 eggs the most Ive had for a few months Ive actually been buying eggs.

 After reading a few blogs last night and reading how easy it was to make vanilla essence I put some vodka in a jar and split vanilla beans and put them in , over night it has started to color up, I just need to add a bit more vodka as this is all I had at the time.
 Tonights tea an easy lasagna, I have plenty of food for the weekend with left over pasties and cauliflower soup now lasagna, so I may have a rest tommorow. Im due for one I think.
 I also baked another banana bread for toast in the morning
 I added this picture as its a vintage dress I had sitting in my wardrobe its from the 60s and I had never wore it but today I decided to as at the moment I have a thing for orange I love it. This dress is black and bright orange I love it.
A photo from my kitchen window its looking a bit bleak out there.
Now to sit and relax maybe a movie, I rarely watch tv but think we shall watch something tonight.
Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend xx

1 comment:

  1. thankyou for the muffin recipe Sharon.xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...